Lock a mdb file in a Samba Server

Donald E Hammond dhammond at nac.net
Wed May 17 18:55:21 GMT 2000

The textdocs/HINTS.txt file (at least in the 2.0.6 source) has a few
words about using M$ Access on a samba share.  I have access dbs on a
samba share served from Linux to NT with no problems.  Although I am the
only one that uses them, I just tried and was able to open the same
database and table from two different NT machines.  If it's not the
permissions on the *.ldb file as Keith suggests, it might be an issue
with Access locking, not Samba, as explained in the HINTS.