Possible bug in Samba 2.07 for Sun-Solaris 2.7

van Nieuwenhuizen ROAN MOSRVN1 at mossgas.co.za
Tue May 16 13:24:02 GMT 2000

Hi

I suspect a bug in Samba 2.0.7 for Sun Solaris 2.7

I have the following configuration.

Sun Solaris 2.7
Samba 2.07
Windows NT 4 SP 5 Domain Controller

Steps taken
1.	I created the Machine Account on the NT Domain and joined the Samba
Server to the Domain.
2.	I created a directory on the Sun Box and gave permissions to
everyone.
3.	I added a parameter in the global section of the smb.conf file
indicating where my username.map file is.
4.	I added a share in the smb.conf file giving permissions to a valid
UNIX user. This UNIX user is mapped in the map file to an NT user.

Problem
I can only open the shares of the first user in the map file. It seems the
rest of the entries are ignored. If I move one of the other line entries to
the first line, those users have access to their shares but the rest of the
entries are ignored. Test and itdept has accounts on the UNIX server.

I have tried this configuration on Linux and it works 100%.

User.map file
test = mosrvn1 backup mosfmc
itdept = mosrvn1 mosfmc

smb.conf file
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from mickie (80.101.101.1)
# Date: 2000/05/12 15:22:55

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = REFINERY
	netbios name = MGCCRAMASS
	server string = Amass Archiving Server
	security = DOMAIN
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	password server = mgccrsms mgccrpdc mgccrras
	username map = /opt/samba/lib/username.map
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 250
	max disk size = 71000000
	dns proxy = No
	wins server = 80.12.12.110
	revalidate = Yes

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	writeable = Yes
	browseable = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No
	available = No

[public]
	comment = Public Share
	path = /archive/it/public
	guest ok = Yes

[test]
	comment = archive
	path = /archive/test
	valid users = test
	writeable = Yes

[test2]
	comment = test2
	path = /archive/test2
	valid users = test
	writeable = Yes

[it]
	comment = ITarchive
	path = /archive/it
	valid users = itdept
	writeable = Yes

Is this a known problem? Is there a patch available to fix this?

Can you respond ASAP.

Thanks

Roan van Nieuwenhuizen
PQ Networks (Pty) Ltd