LPRng: Yet another LPRng question!!!!

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Mon May 15 13:43:27 GMT 2000

Assuming this is an HP printer (and the banner does look as though it
is), you need to telnet to the printer and type

banner: 0

and then quit in order to get the banner pages turned off (make sure the
"quit" command is the  command to exit and save changes). As far as I
have seen, this can't be turned off from the JetDirect software or from
the front panel on any version of the HP printer. Annoying, huh?

--
			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst