Mandrake 7.0 + 2.0.6 out of the box.

Bernard Frit bernard.frit at temperance.com
Mon May 15 13:46:01 GMT 2000

Hi

I'm experiencing a weird problem with an out of
the box installation of samba 2.0.6 + mandrake 7.0
+ kernel 2.2.14

I just added a new server within an existing network
including :
- 1 server running Slackware 7.0 (2.2.13) + samba 2.0.5b
- dozens of win98 SE workstations
Everything is working fine within the existing network
each station can connect to the samba 2.0.5b server.

The new server is displayed within the Network Neighbor
window. There is only one share created :
[Test]
comment = Test Share
path = /home/test
read only = No
create mask = 0777
guest ok = Yes
security = share

Some of the workstations are able to connect to Test, the
existing server too via smbclient but the rest of the
workstations can't connect. The error message displayed
by Windows is (sorry it's a translation)
"Unexisting share on this server"

I set up debug level to 8 but I found nothing special
in the log files as if the connect request didn't
reach nmbd or smbd.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please reply to bernard.frit at temperance.com

Thanks in advance,