[CUPS] cant see cups print queues via samba.

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri May 12 21:10:49 GMT 2000

Bevan Broun wrote:

> It is possible to see the print queue and via NT4's printer window.
> Correct? And remove the jobs too, right? But not for me.
> Running the command `/usr/local/bin/lpq -P csulw' gave 0
>
> seems to indicate the trouble but when I run the command it gives
> the queue as expected.

Have you setup any access control on the printers?  That *might*
cause the problems you are seeing.  Also, the format of the lpq
output might be causing problems (I wish there was one definitive
standard...)

We submitted (too late...) patches for 2.0.7 that get rid of the
external commands completely and implement everything using CUPS
API calls internally.  From all the testing we did it seems to be
100% reliable and doesn't care where you install CUPS, either... :)

I'll be putting the patches up on the Bazaar until the next SAMBA
release is out...

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com