NT4 encrypted passwords - sorry, forgot where to fix registry

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Thu May 11 10:43:03 GMT 2000

Hi All,
Sorry, I know this has been discussed  probably plenty of times, but I forgotten where I have put the "fix" for this.

Situation as follows:
1 * NT Server box with 5* RH6 Linux boxes.
When I reloaded NT Server 4 (with no service packs whatsoever) I could browse my Samba Linux clients.
The moment I added SP3 I get a popup box ["Enter Network Password"] and a request for "Connect as:" and also a password.
My Linux & NT user & paswwords are identical (in case & everything), but I get a popup that says: \\Gl0 not available, followed by "The account is not authorised to login from this station"

(yep: all the Linux boxes show up on the "Network Neighbourhood" browser)

I seem to remember some discussion on encrypted passwords & also editing the NT registry.

Can anyone point me to where I can find a HowTo or some solution to this, please.

TIA,
Zoltan.