Windows 2000 crashes

Thomas Hucke hucke at uabcs.mx
Tue May 9 18:20:26 GMT 2000

We used samba 2.0.6 under Redhat 6.1 with W98/NT4 clients without any
problems. Now we upgraded one PC with Windows2000. In the beginning everything
worked fine. But suddenly there are problems: Browsing a specific subdirectory
of a share on the server cause a inmediate crash of W2k with a automatic
restart. I upgraded to Samba2.0.7, again W2k crashes. I connect to this
subdirectory from a W98 client and the problem disapears.
The crash occurs not with all subdirectories, just with some. I checked all
files in this directory but couldn't find anything rare.

Has anybody had similiar problems with W2K and Samba ? Should I re-install W2K
?
Any Hint is welcome.
                            Thomas.

Ing. Thomas Hucke
Programa de Telecomunicaciones PROTEL
Universidad Autonoma de Baja California Sur
La Paz 23080 BCS. / Mexico
e-mail: hucke at uabcs.mx  Tel/Fax: (112)80741