[2.0.7] moving smb.conf to another location ...

Thomas Heiligenmann thomas.heiligenmann at t-online.de
Sat May 6 18:38:15 GMT 2000

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> problem with that is won't that mode 'codepages' too?  Scenario: I have 26
> Unix servers .. I have a directory structure (/usr/slocal) where all
> programs common to the machines is stored (smbd/nmbd), but want to make
> sure that non-common stuff is stored under /usr/local
> (var/log,smb.conf,locks) ...

yep, smb.conf, smbpassword, codepages subdirs et al. are placed under
$(LIBDIR).
obviously there's no parameter to ./configure just to change smb.conf's
directory.

however, you can hack the Makefile after you have run ./configure and
change the
CONFIGFILE line as Mike suggested. or you override this path by
specifying
-s /path/to/smb.conf when starting nmbd/smbd ...

HTH :)
--
Thomas