[2.0.7] moving smb.conf to another location ...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Fri May 5 18:35:57 GMT 2000

On Sat, 6 May 2000, Thomas Heiligenmann wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > I tried to do a ./configure --sysconfdir=<different directory> to move my
> > smb.conf to a seperate directory from /usr/local/samba, but it isn't
> > honor'd ... is this something that can be fixed without too much trouble?
> >

> AFAIK it's ./configure --libdir=<directory>
> the Makefile says CONFIGFILE = $(LIBDIR)/smb.conf

problem with that is won't that mode 'codepages' too?  Scenario: I have 26
Unix servers .. I have a directory structure (/usr/slocal) where all
programs common to the machines is stored (smbd/nmbd), but want to make
sure that non-common stuff is stored under /usr/local
(var/log,smb.conf,locks) ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org