2.0.7 : 2 problems with install on Compaq Tru64

Michel Jouvin jouvin at lal.in2p3.fr
Wed May 3 14:51:23 GMT 2000

--On mardi 2 mai 2000 17:22 +0100 David Lee <T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Re:
>
>> Date:   Tue, 02 May 2000 15:16:49 +0200
>> From:   Michel Jouvin <jouvin at lal.in2p3.fr>
>> To:     samba at samba.org
>> Subject: 2.0.7 : 2 problems with install on Compaq Tru64
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> 2- As AIX, Tru64 has utmpx.h but 'x functions' are not implemented. I
>> had  to undefined HAVE_UTMPX_H for Tru64 to be able to link smbd.
>> This is in smbd/connection.c. I added after the same code for AIX :
>>
>> #if defined (__osf__)
>> #undef HAVE_UTMPX_H
>> #endif
>>
>> This happens with Tru64 native C compiler. I don't know if gcc exhibits
>> the  same behaviour.
>
> Thanks for the report.

> Since the utmp code in the 2.0.7 development cycle was frozen (for
> stability purposes), a patch has evolved which tries to fix known
> compilation problems, to prevent future compilation problems, and to fix
> some known bugs.  It tries not to use "#if defined (AIX)" constructions.
>
> This patch (about 100k) is at:
>    http://www.dur.ac.uk/~samba/utmp-207.patch
>
> Please could you try that, as it stands, on your system.  Let me know if
> (and how!) you need to adjust that.

David,

I tried the patch. Unfortunatly, it doesn't seem to fix everything as it is
still impossible to link smbd successfully because of 2 unresolved
references (instead of 3 with plain 2.0.7) :

getutmpx
utmpxname

I didn't get the time to investigate more. I'll try tomorrow.

Michel

     * Michel Jouvin                 Email : jouvin at lal.in2p3.fr *
     * LAL / CNRS                    Fax : +33 1 69079404        *
     * B.P. 34                                                   *
     * 91898 Orsay Cedex                                         *
     * France                                                    *