pwdump on german NT

Michael Sievers msievers at suse.de
Fri Mar 31 09:31:49 GMT 2000

Hi,

I had trouble getting the pwdump program to work correctly on a german
version of NT4SP3.

I believe the problem is based on the fact that the german group
'Administrators' is called 'Administratoren', and Administrators is
hard-coded into the utility. Would it be possible to make that an optional
parameter?

Unfortunately, I have no access to a C-Compiler on an NT-station, so I
cannot try it myself to ensure that this really was the problem.

I have found no way of manually modifying the rights on the SAM that was
reversible, so I'd like to see pwdump work on foreign (german) NTs.

Bye,
Mike

Michael Sievers                      mail : msievers at suse.de
SuSE GmbH, Hamburg                   phone: 040 611 35 - 455
Habichtstrasse 41                    fax  : 040 611 35 - 460
D-22305 Hamburg