Setting 'system' attribute on folders

Ryk Field r.field at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 23 10:57:48 GMT 2000

Hello all,

I have been able to understand how to use the "x" attribute
to indicate the system or hidden status of files on samba
shares, but I need to be able to indicate to Windows that
a folder on a Samba share is a 'System' folder, ie, has the
windows System attribute set.

Since the "x" bit is used (as far as my limited knowledge of
unix goes) to indicated whether or not the user/group/other
is allowed to go into a subdirectory, this seems to prohibit
designating any folder with the system attribute in the
same manner as a file.

Is there some way to have samba present to windows computers
the System attribute set for a folder?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ryk.