Benchmark

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Mar 22 19:40:05 GMT 2000

This (see below) is what I found in the Samba Introduction Document.
Can anyone tell me where I can find the Ziff-Davis benchmark
tests?

Thanks a lot,

Werner Maes
KULeuven

"The Present

Samba 2.0 was released in January 1999. One of the most significant and
cool features of the 2.0 release was improved speed.
Ziff-Davis Publishing used their Netbench software to benchmark Samba
2.0 on Linux against Windows NT4. They ran all of
their tests on the same PC hardware, and their results showed Samba's
throughput under load to be at least twice that of NT.
Samba is shipped with all major Linux distributions, and Ziff-Davis
tested three of those. "