Samba

Cliff Rowley dozprompt at onsea.com
Fri Mar 17 16:55:37 GMT 2000

Do you have lpr up and running?  If so, you can create a section in your
smb.conf like so:

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	print ok = Yes
	browseable = no

Samba with enumerate your printers and they will be accessible via
smb.  If that still doesnt work, I'll send you my smb.conf.

I would suspect that authentication would be needed to access a printer as
much as it is for a share.  I could be wrong, however.  Do bear in mind
that your smbpasswd's must be the same as the login password on the
Windows machine(s).

Cliff Rowley

- while (!asleep) { code(); }