Win2k problems

Rob Auffrey rauffrey at bbn.com
Tue Jun 6 20:58:54 GMT 2000

I keep getting the error message "\\servername is not accessible. The
account is not authorized to log in from this station."  when navigating
through "my network places" to our samba served Solaris x86 machine from
windows 2000 pro. All NT4 machines can access this server. We upgraded to
version 2.0.7 in the hopes of an easy fix but alas.... it was not to be. Is
there a workaround/fix/patch/something_I_can_turn_off_in_win2k? I'm brand
new to samba as well as sun and win2k so please have patience.