Samba 2.0.7 & HP-UX Installation problem

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Sun Jul 16 04:13:54 GMT 2000

[eric.lou <eric.lou at infonie.fr>]
> checking configure summary
> ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
> configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

This is the classic symptom of needing to run configure as root.  I
don't understand quite why, but some locking tests apparently fail if
you aren't root.  This hasn't happened to me yet, but it's been
reported by quite a few other people.

Oh.  Also, if the error persists, try configuring samba on a non-NFS
partition.  Then if that succeeds, try to arrange not to share any
filesystems you are getting via NFS.

Peter