Home Share Question

Kirk Shimek Kirk.Shimek at trw.com
Wed Jul 12 15:25:35 GMT 2000

HPUX / AIX / Samba 2.0.6

I'm trying and getting frustrated with configuration of the SMB.CONF
file to get the [homes] share to be the only name listed when
users browse to these servers.  I don't want to have the share
auto renamed to the user name that is attaching.  The SMB.CONF
help file states that this can be done.  Can someone please tell
me the SMB.CONF [homes] variables that need to be set and how
so that when users connect to a server that the upper and only
level they see is a "homes" share and when they click on this
share they see all of the directory names under the unix
"/home/" folder.

Thanks

Kirk Shimek