Joining a NT Domain

Jean-Paul POZZI storm66 at club-internet.fr
Tue Jul 11 20:04:26 GMT 2000

Hello,

I am trying to connect a Samba server in a NT domain, I can't join
the domain wirh smbpasswd

smbpasswd -j My_DOMAIN -r MY_PDC

and I get the following messages :

Unable to join domain "MY_DOMAIN".
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine
"MY_PDC". Error was : NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.
2000/07/11 15:40:34 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain "MY_DOMAIN".

I am used to Unix, but not to NT and I can't understand what is false

Regards
--

PS
I am using Samba at home with 2 servers and 3 PC's without a hitch ....

    Jean-Paul Pozzi