Novell

Daniell Freed dxf at dewittross.com
Mon Jul 10 17:53:00 GMT 2000

What do you mean by putting it on a Novell Network?  Are you going to try to
make it work on a Netware box (I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that is a
supported plateform).

If you are going to just run it on a Sun box that is on a lan that contains
Netware servers as well, that should work fine.  I run NT clients that connect
just fine to both Netware servers and Samba servers.

Dan

"Bruce, Phillip" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I like to know if anyone has ever gotten samba to work on Sun Solaris on a
> Novell Network.
>   I don't have an issue with installation on Sun Solaris that works fine.
> But I've never put Samba
>   on a Novell Network Before. Please describe any steps or issue with this.
>
> Phillip B. Bruce, Manager
> > kpmg Consulting
> > Network Engineering & Integration
> >
> http://www.kpmgconsulting.com
> Office: 650-404-4132
> Fax: 650-960-8179

> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
> It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else
> is unauthorized.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited
> and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice
> contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in
> the governing KPMG client engagement letter.

Daniell Freed
Computer Services
Dewitt, Ross, & Stevens

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Beyond Good and Evil