Jason + Naomi Wood jaynay at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 17:48:50 GMT 2000

Herb Lewis wrote:

> Jason + Naomi Wood wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > On a Win98 machine I can see the SCO machine in the Network
> > Neighborhood. When I try to connect it asks for a passwd and says that
> > the passwd is incorrect when I enter it. It also displays
> > "Resource:\\Sco_sv\IPC$" on the box that asks for a passwd.

This was dues to Win98 sending encrypted passwords, as explained by Herb
(below)

> > On the SCO side:
> > When I do a "testparm -s smb.conf | head -6" all looks OK except I get
> > "No path in service system - using /tmp"

Still don't know what this is but it doesn't seem to matter.

> > Also when I try to run :"smbclient -L sco_sv -N" I get:
> > Added interface .....
> > Got a positive name query response from ....
> > session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password
> > pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)

I found that this was due to not having a "guest account" parameter set.
It appears to default to an account of "nobody", but SCO doesn't have
this. What SCO does have is a "nouser" account!! Just a little different
but really screws things up for the new user.

Jason + Naomi Wood: jaynay at earthlink.net
Doing the Leyland Bros thing in the USA