SAMBA digest 2378

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Sun Jan 16 10:45:52 GMT 2000

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:21:55 +1100, hai scritto:

>>if you usa samba as pdc, and tell win9x to access the samba domain, then
>>the win9x can change their samba password with the control panel
>But i can only change password for win box - i mean using a control panel ...
>I want to change the password on the server
In the control panel applet you can specify to change the win password,
the network password (samba server) or both.
Have you told win9x to logon to the samba domain (client for ms network
properties)?

>I`ve tried to change /bin/bash to /usr/bin/smbpasswd
>but i got the message that changing password rejected to 127.0.0.1
If enabled, disable password sync since you don't need it.
See if you used correctly "intrefaces", "hosts allow".
try
smbpasswd -r <your-samba-name>

giulioo at pobox.com