Samba Bug?

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Thu Jan 13 21:59:40 GMT 2000

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Grahame Bowland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get in touch with someone to discuss a problem
> with Samba that I've been experiencing. I can reproduce the bug
> on the systems for which I am responsible, and am interested to
> know whether it is a local problem or a genuine bug. (I have searched
> the archives, updated to the latest Samba release and read the docs :)
>
> I posted to this list and have had no replies - can somebody
> email me an address where I should report the bug? My original
> email was titled "Strange Recursive Delete Problem"

The samba webpages has a description on how to report bugs:
http://se.samba.org/samba/bugreports.html
   (replace "se" with your local mirror)

But normally you'd first ask on this list to see if it's a known cfg error
or a known problem (well, I would anyway).

Can you find your post in the archives? I can't so maybe you should post
the complete report again ... maybe it got lost?

I know of a "Strange Recursive Delete Problem" with smbfs, but I'm
guessing that your problem is with samba as a server, and then I don't
know.

/Urban