Samba on an AIX - HACMP Cluster

Andreas Trawoeger Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.sozvers.at
Mon Jan 10 10:01:28 GMT 2000

Hi!

Has anybody experience in running Samba on an IBM AIX High Availability
Cluster with 2 nodes? At the moment we are using NFS + Maestro NFS-Client
for NT and want to change to a server software using SMB (meaning either IBM
FastConnect or Samba).

The server is supposed to be a file server for about 1000 Users. We don't
need advanced futures like load balancing or take over of active
connections. But it should be possible to switch a NetBios name plus shares
between two nodes in case of a mutual takeover.

cu andreas