Samba and 386 error??

Gerry Doris gdoris at home.com
Tue Jan 4 05:13:45 GMT 2000

I have an old 386 running win 3.11 connected to my samba server.  I can connect
to it but get the following errors when I try and list the directory:

smb: \> ls
Error: Looping in FIND_NEXT??
ERRSRV - ERRerror (Non-specific error code.) listing \*

                22502 blocks of size 8192. 228 blocks available
smb: \> ls autoexec.bat
Error: Looping in FIND_NEXT??
ERRSRV - ERRerror (Non-specific error code.) listing \autoexec.bat

                22502 blocks of size 8192. 228 blocks available
smb: \> cd windows
smb: \windows\> ls
Error: Looping in FIND_NEXT??
ERRSRV - ERRerror (Non-specific error code.) listing \windows\*

                22502 blocks of size 8192. 228 blocks available

I can go from the 386 back to the samba server and connect to the shares there.
The 386 can happily see a win98 box on the network (which can see the 386).

What's happening here?????

Gerry

E-Mail: Gerry Doris <gdoris at home.com>
Date: 04-Jan-00
Time: 00:05:10

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer