Fw: Windows 2000 breaks the samba client

John Kerbawy john at NOC.maKintosh.com
Thu Feb 24 11:55:26 GMT 2000

| Guys:
|
| It appears the release of Windows 2000 has broken SMBFS 2.0.6 distributed with samba. This is a major problem. When I try to list and mount shares on Windows 2000 computer from a Linux box running SMBFS and Samba, I get no share listings. This box currently connects to a NT, 98 and Linux samba server. Something is very, very wrong. Apparently I am not having a unique problem because there are several postings on USENET that confirm the bug... not sure if it is sambas problem or 2000's....

I have Windows 2000 Professional working just fine with OpenBSD 2.6 and
Samba 2.0.6. I am using unencrypted password authentication after applying
the Windows 2000 registry patch that comes with Samba.

| Jason Perlow Desktop Columnist, Linux Magazine
|
| Contributing Editor, ZD Sm at rt Reseller

Please fix your email client to wrap lines at 80 characters like a
standard UNIX client.

__
.j0hn [john at maKintosh.com]

"I never let my schooling interfere with my education." -- Mark Twain