Fw: Windows 2000 breaks the samba client

Jason Perlow perlow at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:59:46 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Jason Perlow
To: samba-bugs at samba.anu.edu.au
Cc: sjvn at zd.com ; mfoley at zd.com ; bob at linux-mag.com ; editors at linux-mag.com
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 12:35 AM
Subject: Windows 2000 breaks the samba client

Guys:

It appears the release of Windows 2000 has broken SMBFS 2.0.6 distributed with samba. This is a major problem. When I try to list and mount shares on Windows 2000 computer from a Linux box running SMBFS and Samba, I get no share listings. This box currently connects to a NT, 98 and Linux samba server. Something is very, very wrong. Apparently I am not having a unique problem because there are several postings on USENET that confirm the bug... not sure if it is sambas problem or 2000's....

Jason Perlow Desktop Columnist, Linux Magazine

Contributing Editor, ZD Sm at rt Reseller