Netscape Profiles

Manuel Bessler mbessler at BfK-HD.de
Wed Feb 23 18:11:46 GMT 2000

Hi

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 05:54:39AM +1100, naughton at domino.danielwoodhead.com wrote:

> There was a posting on Netscape Profiles mapped to network drives that I was
> hoping someone could help me with.  Other than setting the key for password
> encryption, I've never messed with the NT registry keys.
>
> I see this folder:
> \Registry\Machine\SOFTWARE\Netscape\Netscape Navigator\Users =
>
> But making this part, I could use some help:
>                            CurrentUser = Default
>                                DirRoot = h:\.netscape
>                                UserName =
>                                EmailAddr =
I set my Netscape Profiles dir to subdirectory netscape on my samba [Homes]
which is mapped via logon-script to H:

I use Netscape 4.51 (German) under win9x. At the first nescape install i
entered H:\netscape into the ProfilesFolder entry.

I couldn't find the above Registry Key on one of my Win98 machines

I think you can change the Profiles folder in the Preferences Menu.
Maybe if you change the local mail spool directory in the mail-server section

MB
--
---use Linux