Locking error in the installation of Samba

David Collier-Brown -- Customer Engineering davecb at scot.canada.sun.com
Wed Feb 16 13:29:10 GMT 2000

  If you're getting the
|  ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
|  configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
messages, there is a problem in the configure script somewhere:
set -x and look for  bugs.
  The "no locking" shows up, more or less because it's the last
message (;-))  I made it appear with an erronious compiler option
on Solaris, which made **all** the tests fail.

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown, | Always do right. This will gratify some
Performance & Eng.   | people and astonish the rest. -- Mark Twain
Sun Canada (Opcom)   | davecb at canada.sun.com
(905) 415-2849       | http://elsbeth.canada.sun.com/~davecb