Locking error in the installation of Samba

rick rick at mail.artmold.com
Wed Feb 16 14:13:46 GMT 2000

David Collier-Brown -- Customer Engineering wrote:
>   If you're getting the
> |  ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
> |  configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
> messages, there is a problem in the configure script somewhere:
> set -x and look for  bugs.

I feel kind of stupid, but...what? :) I don't know what you mean
by set -x...is that a command, or a parameter, or an environment
variable, or something else?

>   The "no locking" shows up, more or less because it's the last
> message (;-))  I made it appear with an erronious compiler option
> on Solaris, which made **all** the tests fail.

OIC...that said, is configure done by the time it says it was
aborted, and one could just ignore the error and move on?

--
  rick -- A mind is like a parachute...it only works when it's open.