print problems revisted

Robert J Bartels rbart2 at pop.uky.edu
Tue Feb 15 00:50:37 GMT 2000

I was able to partially debug the problem i was having
I was trying to print the stuck documents in /var/spool/samba but kept
getting error messages saying that the documents where unprintable.
I  accidently tried the lpr -v option thinking it was for Verbose info...
That fixed it! Now I just have to figure out why samba is saving my
documents in
raster format. I had a suggestion to try different drivers on the windows
side..
They are staight ps2 drivers for the lexmark 1885 printer... I tried to use
the PCL
drivers but it started to crop a few lines here and there...
Bottom line is that if I don't use the lpr -v option nothing gets printed...
Anyone have an idea why?

Also.. I don't seem to be getting any emails from the samba list.. even
though I've
had a few answers sent my way from people reading my earlier posts....

Thanks

bob

Robert Bartels
Network Administrator