include conf files (urgent)

Glenn MacGregor gtm at oracom.com
Fri Dec 8 14:12:42 GMT 2000

Hi All,

I have been running 2.0.7 for a while on a redhat 6.2 box with no real
problems to speak of.  My configuration uses a main smb.conf file which
defines two shares, home space and public.  This is common to everyone.
In that file I have and include line that includes smb.conf.%m  that
worked fine but got hard to manage because machine names were used when
I really wanted user name used.  Each of the smb.conf.%m files includes
shares for that machine (user).  This got hard to manage so I changed
the %m to %U that seemed to work fine, except that every now and then
when a user goes to the top level of the samba server they only see
their homespace and public shares so the include is not getting read for
some reason.  Should the %U work or does that change sometimes from the
actual user to some machine user to authenticate?

        Thanks

                    Glenn

--

Glenn MacGregor