SAMBA setup

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Dec 8 13:40:06 GMT 2000

Hello Han,
HP-UX 11.0 comes with CIFS/9000 server (Samba) on the application cd's. So
you can install it from the March or June 2000 application cd set via
swinstall.  As for setting it up, configuring it, etc, possibly your local
HP office could provide consulting to do this for you.  OR you could use the
excellent book by O'Reilly publishing "Using Samba" and do it yourself.
This is a supported product on 11.0 for HP, so if you have a support
contract that allows you to place calls to the HP Response center, you could
possibly get some help with problems you run into while setting it up from
them as well.
I hope this helps,
Don McCall
Senior HP WTEC Network Operating Systems Engineer