connections.tdb not initialised in 2.2.alpha1

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Thu Dec 7 09:10:37 GMT 2000

Edward,

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:31:19 -0600, Edward King wrote:

>Has anyone else gotten this error when installing 2.2.alpha1?
>
>The install is on kernel 2.2.14 which was running samba 2.0.6 with no
>problems.
>
>Configure runs without a problem, switches used are as follows:
>
>--with-smbwrapper --with-smbmount --without-ssl --with-syslog
>--with-profile --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin
>--sysconfdir=/etc/samba.d --mandir=/usr/local/man
>--with-lockdir=/var/lock/samba.d --with-privatedir=/etc/samba.d
>

>make and make install both run without a problem, starting is ok and
>the shares are available, but when I go for status with smbstatus I
>get the error "connections.tdb not initialised"

That's no problem: connections.tdb gets initialised when the first
user mounts a share. It's the equivalent to "Can't open STATUS.LCK" in
Samba 2.0.x.

Your .tdb files should go to /var/lock/samba.d .

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.