printer setup problems in 2.2.0-alpha1

Thomas Mueller thomas.mueller at christ-wasser.de
Sun Dec 3 12:08:37 GMT 2000

Hi,
I' ve installed samba 2.2.0 alpha1 on a SparcClassic running Solaris 8.
I have a shared printer from my 2.0.7 installtion and now I tried to
assign a printer driver to it.

I can see the printer in the printerfolder, and I can open the printer.
When I select the properties of the printer the following error message
appears:

"The properties counldn't be displayed. The Accessnumber is not defined"

When I try to install a new printer on the samba-server with the
ad-printer-wizard, I select the samba port, select the supplier of the
printer and the correct model. Then the following error message appears:

"The driver for Windows NT4.0x86 could not be installed. The specifierd
environment is illagel."

All I did, I did as user root from an NT-PC.

Here now my smb.conf:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from nt-server (172.16.1.3)
# Date: 2000/12/03 10:23:05
# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = SOLARIS
	server string = SUN SparcClassic running Samba 2.2.0-alpha1	security =
DOMAIN
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	password server = ntserver
	announce version = 4.5
	deadtime = 15
	printcap name =
	show add printer wizard = Yes
	character set = ISO8859-1
	os level = 31
	preferred master = True
	domain master = True
	wins support = Yes
	guest account = samba
	create mask = 0775
	force create mode = 0775
[homes]
	comment = Homeverzeichnis der User
	path = /export/home/%U
	read only = No
	directory mask = 0775
	browseable = No
[tools]
	path = /tools
	read only = No
	create mask = 0770
	force create mode = 0770
	directory mask = 0775
[edv1]
	comment = HP Deskjet 600
	path = /var/spool/samba/lp
	guest ok = Yes
	printable = Yes
	print command = lp -dedv1 -oraw %s; rm %s
	printer driver file =
[print$]
	comment = Share fuer Druckertreiber
	path = /usr/local/samba/printers
	write list = root
	guest ok = Yes

Can anyone help me?

So long
Thomas

Thomas Müller			Phone: +49-711-8871647
Manager IT Department		Fax: +49-711-8871677
Christ GmbH			Mail: Thomas.Mueller at christ-wasser.de
Mittlerer Pfad 9		Internet:http://www.christ-wasser.de
70499 Stuttgart