possible to start 'smbpasswd -a passwd' NOT as root?

Peter Donabauer PeterDonabauer at z.zgs.de
Sun Dec 3 09:38:12 GMT 2000

i want two people to administer via webmin-samba in windows 98 all others.
The other users will be added in webmin by those two people but then have to
use the command "smbpasswd -a userX" in linux. How can they do it without
logging in with "root" but with their names? SetUID doesn't work because I
MUST not set it for root (that's what linux says) - I tried 'chmod 4744
smbconf'. Is there a script I can use to encrypt ALL passwords AT ONCE in
linux? (to make it more comfortable for those two people?)