Problem with DHCP

Angel Ramon anrr at correu.urv.es
Fri Dec 1 12:33:54 GMT 2000

         Hello

         In my organization we are running samba 2.0.7 for 1 month in
Solaris 8 machines, with clients windows 95 and 98.

         The problem is that the last week whe changed the configuration of
the clients to DHCP. Clients receive their IP address, DNS and WINS servers
for DHCP. And, with this change, the clients need some time to see the
samba server, and when try to connect automatically to the shares, they
can't contact the server, and give errors.
         And it's a big problem, since people who work with clients don't
know how to connect to samba shares manually, and need help to start
working as usually.
         We've tried changing to a fix WINS server address, and the problem
disappears and all works perfect, but we are interested to work with WINS
served by DHCP.

         We've tried much things, and nothing works.

         Can you help me? We are hopeless!

         Thanks!