Novell client with Samba PDC - solution?

naughton at domino.danielwoodhead.com naughton at domino.danielwoodhead.com
Thu Aug 17 13:25:46 GMT 2000

After several more attempts to get the NT workstation to join the Samba PDC
with repeated NT workstation crashes, I did what it looks like most people
have done - I removed the Novell client from the NT workstations.  Problem
solved!

I used the ncpfs program to mount the shares from the linux box, then set
them up as shares in Samba. So far so good.  I don't know how to handle the
passwords with Novell, but if anyone knows, please email me directly.

It looks like Samba, NT and Novell are a bad combination.

Dan Naughton