Novell client caused Domain Logons to crash NT

naughton at domino.danielwoodhead.com naughton at domino.danielwoodhead.com
Wed Aug 16 13:21:00 GMT 2000

I am trying to get domains logons going for and NT network.  Samba is
running fine, and the NT station I have started with joined the domain
without any issues - except of course that I can't log on to the server.
When I change the logons to the domain rather that the workstation in the
IntranetWare logon client, it crashes the NT box (blue screen, winlogon.exe
fatal error, etc.).  Has anyone successfuly managed to keep the
Intranetware client on an NT box, and still have the PC join the Domain.
Most of the discussions I've seen have resulted in success once Novell in
uninstalled.  The logon script works if done manually (net use z:
\\server\netlogon, the logon.bat), but the logon never gets that far.  I
hope this isn't too off topic.  NT crashing may have it's own news group :)

Dan Naughton

smb.conf:
[global]
       workgroup = workgroup