WINS on Samba 2.0.7

Enrico Payne enricop at pharma.co.za
Fri Aug 4 09:39:38 GMT 2000

I have 2 Linux R.H 6.2 servers running with Kernel 2.2.16-3, and Samba
2.0.7.

I have set-up one of the servers as a primary WINS controller and this works
well, however, I needed to restart my second server, and now it no longer
registers with the primary WINS server. NMB seems to be working fine, but
the log.nmb show that the primary server rejected the second servers nmb
requests.

I have used the smblookup tests as per the web pages at samba.org, and all
the test pass.

Does anyone know what could be causing this. I also have 3 WinNT servers,
that are set to use the samba server for WINS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Enrico
mailto:enricop at pharma.co.za