samba and passwords

William Colls william at procomsys.com
Thu Aug 3 00:37:40 GMT 2000

how do you have smb.conf set up as regards passwords?

Is samba looking in the correct place for the smbpasswd file?

Are you consistent with the way you treat encryption of passwords?

Do you have a unix user id on the Linux machine for the user name on the
Windows machine?

Are the Windows, Unix, and Samba Passwords all the same?

I know that this all basic, and I am sure you have checked it all, but I
have tripped myself up on most of these points at one time or another?

--

Sailors, with their inbuilt sense of order and good discipline, should
really be running the world.

William E. Colls                                      Tel 613 591 0079
PROComputer Systems                                   Fax 613 591 3924
67 Willow Glen Drive                                 www.procomsys.com
Kanata Ontario Canada  K2M 1T1                          PEG 1988051404