Perfornmance Problem with large files

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Apr 28 15:30:13 GMT 2000

Kilian wrote
| i have a linux box running samba as a fileserver for 4 Windows NT
4.0
| Workstations. the performance is good on responing-times but loading
and
| writing large files (more than 500 kByte) is too slow.

	Samba itself isn't size-sensitive...

	First, check that it's not a network problem:
	try ftp in both directions with both large and
	small files.

	We have had similar reports before, but that turned
	out to only work with very small files (< 512 bytes)
	and eventually was found to be an ethernet card.

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com