printing to windows

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Fri Apr 21 15:35:11 GMT 2000

[Steve Salazar]
> I've suceeded in getting my windows and linux computers to share
> printers correctly except in one case.  When I send postscript jobs
> to the printer attached to the windows computer, I get the actual
> postscript code.  How can I make this go away.  This is especially
> what happens when I print from my Linux Netscape to the windows
> computer.  The printer I am trying to print to is a Cannon BJC4300
> which is listed as a good postscript printer.

Debug a little.  Try printing a PostScript file directly from a DOS
window on your 'doze box.

  C:\>copy test.ps lpt1:

Also, if you're going through a Unix print spooling subsystem, try
instead using smbclient directly:

  $ smbclient //doze/canon -W wkgrp -U user%passwd -P -c 'print test.ps'

That should give you a better idea which component of your spooling
system is at fault.

Peter