read/write of Excel file is denied

EC - Bridget Lung blung at penang.png.intel.com
Mon Sep 20 09:52:04 GMT 1999

Hi,

One of my users is having this problem. He saved an MS Excel file on the UNIX
disk and he always experienced cannot write to the file even if it is his
file. I am not sure if this is the SAMBA problem or the NT problem(we are
using Windows Terminal Server Edition). Sometimes, he experiences these
message "cannot open read only file" or "this file is opened by administrator,
open it as read only". All these problem related to MS Excel. I couldn't see
any error in the SAMBA log file, but would like to know if anyone of you have
experienced this?

Please advise.

regards,
Bridget