Printing from Linux to Win98

John LeMay jlemay at njmc.com
Sat Sep 18 21:55:23 GMT 1999

I have a printer - an HP 1120c - connected to my wife's Win98 machine.
Occasionally I would like to print to that printer instead of the HP
Laserjet 4+ connected to my Linux machine. Could someone explain a
couple of things for me?

1. I am running Mandrake 6.0. When I start printtool, it complains that
it does not believe Samba is installed. Why and how do I fix?

2. I ignore the message and setup the printer anyway. Print jobs appear
to spool, but never get there. I've done a couple of quick sniffer
traces and I see traffic, but I can't pinpoint the problem. I CAN print
from a term using smbclient however. Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
John J. LeMay Jr.
NJMC, LLC.