How do I force a browser election?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Sep 17 16:44:20 GMT 1999

I can force a browser election with the Win98 command:

net view /workgroup:workgroupname

However, that does not work on NT (and I haven't tried it on W95). What I'd
really like is a command from the Linux command line to force the election.
I've looked everywhere and can't find it. For my purposes having preferred
master=yes and restarting Samba is not an option.

Does anyone know how to force a browser election from the Linux command line?
Does anyone know how to force a browser election from the NT command line?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Litt
Webmaster, Troubleshooters.Com