No luck with "UNIX password sync"

Paul L. Lussier plussier at baynetworks.com
Mon Sep 13 20:06:00 GMT 1999

In a message dated: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 05:30:00 +1000
Ethan Vaughn said:

>I'm just looking for any information on this feature, has anyone out
>there had it work? And perhaps just to add myself to the list of users
>interested in this feature to try and drum up momentum for it.

You need your Samba PDC and NIS master to be the same physical machine.
Get the SAMS "TYS Samba in 24 Hours", there's a whole section on running a PDC
on Samba and dealing with Unix interoperability.

Also, be sure to check the archives to this sight, this topic has been
discussed in the past (I know, because I asked too :) and check the docs in
that ship with Samba.
--

Seeya,
Paul