print: spool filename not the doc filename

Giulio Orsero giulioo at tiscalinet.it
Thu Sep 9 18:34:34 GMT 1999

I use

[Epson Stylus]
path = /var/spool/samba
comment = Epson Stylus Photo 750 - PC DO
printer name = epson
browseable = yes
printable = yes
public = yes
writable = no
create mode = 0700
printer driver = EPSON Stylus Photo 750

Printing is ok from win9x.

I have filename problems...
Suppose I print the file "mydoc.doc":
as soon as I print a file, when it still is in /var/spool/samba, I can
see in the Win9x printer status that the file "mydoc.doc" is spooling,
and doing "ls /var/spool/samba" shows the filename samba chose is
"go.Xv1DXC" (go being my username).
Then samba uses lpr to print the file through the "epson" printcap
printer, then the filename showed in win9x status becomes "go.Xv1DXC".

Is there a setting or a patch to maintain the real name even after that
samba has spooled the file to the lpr subsystem?

Thanks.

giulioo at tiscalinet.it