AIX 4.32 SAMBA Install

Antonio Sosa sosa19 at idt.net
Tue Sep 7 23:20:36 GMT 1999

I've just become aware of a problem with Samba and AIX 4.32. I tried to compile the source and found I could but the binaries do not work correctly. SMBCLIENT times out and has a READ error. I guess this is a known problem with 4.32 because I recieved a number of e-mails asking me if I had AIX 4.32 and not 4.3. It turns out I do have 4.32 and was wondering if anybody has found a workaround to get samba to work on this version of AIX. Thanks goes to all who e-mailed me.

P.S. Does anybody know why Samba has a problem with this version?
Tony