Samba on Solaris 2.5.1?

Frank R. Brown list.Frank at MailAndNews.com
Thu Oct 28 22:58:20 GMT 1999

Does anyone have Samba working on Solaris 2.5.1?

I posted more or less the same question a few months
ago, and didn't hear anything back, but the issue has reared
its head again on my end.

I have Samba 2.0.0 running successfully on Solaris 2.6,
but have failed in repeated attempts to get Samba running
on Solaris 2.5.1.  Basic symptom:  I can get the daemon
running, but can't connect to any shares, *and* can't use
smbpasswd to 'add' new user id's (smbpasswd just hangs).

Any advice?

Has anyone ever had this working?

Thanks.

     Frank R.Brown