Virus scanner not scanning files on samba share

cbrink cbrink at allsportssupply.com
Wed Oct 20 18:45:03 GMT 1999

Check out http://www.kasperskylab.ru/eng/products/linux.html for the
avp anti-virus program for linux. It scans for dos,windows and office
macro viruses on your shares on your linux/samba box. I've been using
it for a month and has wiped out our macro virus problem. I just set
it up as a cron job.

You do have to rename the definition files to all uppercase when you
get it.

Christian Brink
IT Manager - All Sports Supply
Clackamas,OR